Friday, October 2, 2026

Some days are just like this

Uploaded Image

I got back from work trip which was back to back with family trip which was back to back with …. just about every thing else. I tried to keep my commitment to bad art of the day - and the camel’s back of patience and acceptance finally broke and had it out with the poor painting of fall color leaves I was trying my hand at. Anger flashed out of no where and emptied the contents of a spray bottle full of water on to the painting and watched with satisfaction as all the color ran through the paper and made a muddy puddle on my art table, the washed up sheet lay curled on its side as if drained of all tears. Pathos. No we don’t go there. 

I took a deep breath, picked up the paper and reminded it that it’s 100% cotton - it can survive a wash or two. I taped it to a clipboard so it can straighten when it dries - the clipboard has its back. Then I dropped random dabs of fall colors that immediately started blooming like hope. They say - raise your face to the sun and shadows will fall behind you. I felt light. 

I will come back to this paper tomorrow or the day after or the day after that …. one day I will paint the maple leaves I wanted to paint. That is a commitment I can make. For today, this is enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment