Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Color

It was very late yesterday (at least for the kids) ... about 10:00 pm. Diya was begging me to read her new book called "The Human Body". It is a very well designed book --- designed in the sense that the pages were layered, and every time you turn the page, you see a different system of the human body, starting from the dermal system, skeletal system, digestive system ... to the nervous system.

I was quite sleepy, so I decided to take a short-cut. I browsed through the pages quickly, telling Diya just the names of the different systems of the human body. Well, she soon figured out that a lot of things are written in the book, so she asked me to start reading again from page one.

Reluctantly, I started reading the first page. It talked about different kinds of cells --- red blood cells, skin cells, bone cells, white blood cells, etc.

As soon as I uttered the word 'white blood cells', Diya asked "Where are the white blood cells?". I answered, "Well, they are mixed with the red blood cells, that's why you cannot see those".

Diya asked me, "Do the white blood cells mix with the red blood cells, and make the blood PINK in color?!"

1 comment:

  1. LOL!! great sense of color i must say!!! Baba-r motoi meye great artist hobe mone hoy! :)

    ReplyDelete